Saturday, September 27, 2008

My white Olivetti Valentine

I finally won an Olivetti Valentine typewriter on eBay. I won it while on vacation in Yachats. Since our cabin didn’t have wifi, I had to run to the Yachat’s library and do my bidding...from my car...in the parking lot since the library was closed. To my amazement, it didn’t end in a bloody bidding war. It was the best feeling since I lost a similiar typewriter a few weeks earlier at the last 5 minutes of bidding (damn Auction Sniper).


My favorite part of the typewriter is the cool German letters (like ß) that don’t exist on the standard red Olivetti. It was purchased from a seller in Köln, Germany.

**We stayed at the cozy Shamrock Lodgettes — ‘twas magical.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi,

are you interested in selling the White Valentine typewriter to me?

Hope to hear from you soon.


love,
jamie

Hello Katey said...

awww I love the shamrocks! I used to stay right down the road on family vacations while I as growing up at the Yachats Inn.


Love your blog. Ptown pride